Attention PR pros seeking a job, BERKMAN is hiring a new account exec! See below for job description details.
BERKMAN, an award-winning PR, marketing, branding and new media firm in San Diego seeks an experienced Account Executive to join our high-energy and creative team. Qualified candidate will have a minimum three to five years of solid PR agency or in-house experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or other similar discipline. They should also have a vast knowledge and understanding of most Social Media platforms.
The ideal candidate for this position is confident, thorough and organized, and has implemented and managed successful communications programs with measurable results. This person is also results-driven and has demonstrated through his or her aggressive communication skills extensive knowledge of traditional and digital media. Additionally, strong written and verbal skills and the ability to absorb information quickly are essential.
The ideal candidate thrives in an agency, entrepreneurial, challenging, and team-oriented environment, and can easily shift focus and prioritize projects as needed. Taking initiative, being proactive and the ability to independently manage daily account activities must be second nature.
As a member of the BERKMAN team, they will be a part of the strategic planning process for clients to help develop/execute successful public relations and integrated marketing campaigns and will be expected to lend their expertise to our current team, especially in the Social Media arena.
Account Executives will have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s top companies and brands in an engaging, supportive, spirited environment set in beautiful Downtown San Diego. The position offers tremendous opportunity for career growth as the agency continues to expand.
- Write PR plans, proposals, media pitches, press releases, articles and other press and marketing material
- Engage in high-level client correspondence
- Develop and execute viral online campaigns and social media outreach
- Monitor client media coverage, industry news, trends and competitor activities
- Generate client media status reports, monthly ROI activity reports and memos
- Develop media lists, track all editorial opportunities, and lead media pitching efforts
- Aggressively pitch business, consumer and trade media outlets for print, broadcast and online outlets
- Coordinate media interviews for clients/spokespersons
- Support other staff with various projects and activities as assigned
If you are hard-working, passionate about your profession and capable of being the leader and exceptional PR professional that this position demands, please email your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com.
When applying, include in your cover letter three bullets outlining your most proud PR accomplishments to date and sample outlet list of secured media coverage.